In Thailand, you won't be able to walk pass a local area without seeing a Thai Fish Cake stall, Asian fish cake is very different with the Fish Cake in the Western Cuisine, we don't add breadcrumbs or potato, instead we like that bouncy, nearly little spongey texture, it might not sound very appealing but once you try you would understanding why we think it is better! : ) and without any doubt, the Thai style is the tastiest out of all, because of that RED CURRY simply flavour the patties so much!
In this recipes, I am going to teach you to do this patties with Turkey or Chicken, because it is a good way to use up your left over turkey and chicken in the Christmas Season, But feel free to use White Fish instead, to get that original taste.
( to use left over Turkey, you can use the cooked meat but remove any herbs and gravy if possible, otherwise it might taste confusing)
Raw Turkey/Chicken Mince 450g
Fish Sauce 1 tbsp
Thai Red Curry Paste 1 tbsp
1 tbsp Coriander . ( chopped)
Spring Onion 4 . ( finely chopped)
3 Tbsp Tapioca flour
2 Frozen Kaffir Lime Leaves ( defrost an finely sliced)
1 Red Chilli ( optional, only if you like it hot)
1) In a food processor, install the dough blade, put all the ingredients in it, and whizz until it turn into a paste.
2) Transfer it to a bowl, and put around 3 tbps oil to cover the base of the frying pan.
3) heat the pan in Medium heat, and use a wet metal tablespoon to scoop out a spoon of mince, transfer into the oil, cook one side until golden brown, then turn it an slightly press it down to form a patty sharp,
4) Repeat the 3) until you finish all the mince, add extra oil if you need.
5) once ready, serve with Sweet Chilli sauce and a lime wedge.