Pork Yuk Sung, is a dish consists of crunchiness , simply delicious flavour with many textures, we also call them Lettuce Wrap, because it always serve with a plate of Lettuce, simply wrap the Yung Sung on the lettuce, add a bit of Hoi Sin Sauce would be even more delicious!
* 1 iceberg lettuce
* 500 g pork mince
* 3cm fresh ginger - chopped
* 2 garlic cloves chopped
* 2 tbsp chopped Shallot
* a handful of soaked Wood Ear Mushroom
* 2 spring onions
* 2 stalk celery including some leaves, chopped
* 1 (220 g) can water chestnuts , cut each into 4 pieces
* 1/2 Red Pepper, remove seeds and veins, dice
* 1 tablespoon Light soy sauce ( Use Gluten Free Soy Sauce for Gluten Free version)
* 2 tablespoons oyster sauce ( Use Gluten Free Oyster Sauce for Gluten Free version)
* 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking rice wine or mirin ( use Sherry wine if you need completely Gluten Free, as Rice Wine tends to fermented with wheat)
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
( For the dry wood war mushroom, soak them in warm water for 30 mins, rinse and ready to use, cut into bite size)
In a hot wok or frying , heat up a tbsp of oil.
Put in the ginger, shallot and garlic , fry slightly, then add the pork mince , add some black pepper, when it’s 70 % cooked, add the seasoning,
then put in all the rest of ingredients except lettuce, cook for another few mins, ready to serve.