This is a very simply recipes, it is so delicious though you would not believe how easy it is to create this at home.
I always have a big bag of frozen king prawns at home, because they are juicy and high protein, my kids love them as well so no matter how much I cooked, they would be still gone from the dinner table very quick!
Once you have everything in the house handy, this dish would take less than 15 mins to prepare.
Frozen King Prawns ( Raw and Peeled) 400g
Bamboo slices 100g
1 Red pepper dices
Garlic minced 1 tbsp
salt 1/2 tsp
Ground Pepper 1/4 tsp
potato starch 1 1/2 tbsp
2 tbsp chopped spring onion
2 tbsp Agave Syrup ( you can use Honey instead but I found Agave is more neutral on taste)
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup ( use sugar free version if you prefer)
1 tbsp Mild Sriracha sauce ( optional if you don't like any chilli)
1) Defrost the King Prawns, you can use warm water and change the water a few times, it can speed up the thawing.
2) Wash and drain the thawed prawns. Pat dry with Kitchen paper.
3) Season the prawns with salt, pepper, then add the potato starch into it and mix well.
4) In a small bowl, mix the sauce together, taste and adjust it to your liking, you can add more or less depends on your taste.
5) In a large frying pan or work, heat up 1 tbsp of oil, then add the prawn, cook quickly until they are all pink and curled up, take them out and put it aside.
6) In the same work, add a tbsp of oil, fry the garlic until lightly golden, add in the bamboo slices and pepper, cook for 1 mins, then pour into the sauce mix, Cook the sauce for 1 or 2 mins until it is reduced a little bit, stir in the prawns, mix well.
7) serve immediately and garnish with some chopped spring onion.
We like to serve them with Boil Jasmine Rice and even Papadam, why don't you try this easy papadam recipes.