Updated: May 29, 2019
½ onion - cut in 6 wedges
3 potato, medium size, cut into irregular shaped wedges
1 carrot, medium size, cut into irregular shaped wedges
200 grams - Goldfish Chinese Curry Paste
10 chicken wings
4 cloves - garlic, minced
4-5 slices - ginger, sliced
2 sprigs - spring onion (optional)
A pinch - salt and ground white pepper, to taste
Marinate the chicken wings with:
1 tablespoon - light soy sauce
1 teaspoon - salt
1 teaspoon - rice wine
½ teaspoon - sugar
½ teaspoon - sesame oil
1) Peel and wash the potatoes and carrot, then cut into diagonal wedges.
2) Mince garlic and slice ginger.
3) Brown the potatoes and carrots over high heat in a wok, until they are lightly golden brown color. take them out and set aside.
4) Use the same pan to brown the chicken wings over high heat for a few minutes.
5) Add in onion, use the leftover oil from the chicken to stir-fry onion over medium heat until translucent and light brown.
6) Add ⅔ of curry sauce followed by ginger slices and minced garlic, stir-fry for 30 seconds until fragrant, then add rest of curry sauce and stir-fry for a further 30 seconds.
7) Add the potatoes, carrots, and chicken wings back to the pot, stir-fry until everything is fully covered by the curry sauce.
8) Add coconut milk and water just enough to cover the chicken and vegetables.
9) Bring the curry to a boil, put the lid on and let it simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
10) Add salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with spring onion. Ready to serve with steamed rice.